Bloomsburg, a Commonwealth University
Arts in Bloom Shows for 2022-23 Season Announced
Bloomsburg, PA (08/02/2022) — Tickets for the Arts in Bloom 2022-23 Season will be available for purchase beginning Monday, Aug. 8. More information and tickets are available online at www.bloomu.edu/arts-in-bloom.
Headliner performances include:
- Third Coast Percussion: Metamorphosis - Saturday, Sept. 10, 7:30 p.m. Third Coast Percussion joins forces with the groundbreaking choreography of Movement Art Is (Lil Buck and Jon Boogz) for an intimate, evening-length program that explores the duality of human nature.
- Mumu Fresh - Friday, Oct. 21, 7:30 p.m. Mumu Fresh (also known as Maimouna Youssef) is a Grammy Award-Nominated, Indigenous Music award-winning, Musical Ambassador for the US State Department, elected governor of The DC Chapter of The Recording Academy & an Ambassador of The Black Music Collective.
- Duplessy & the Violins of the World - Thursday, Nov. 17, 7:30 p.m. The Violins Of The World is the brainchild of French Gypsy guitarist and composer Mathias Duplessy. It brings together the rhythms and melodies of many different cultures in an incredible new style of exotic and unique arrangements.
- Philadelphia Freedom: A Tribute to Elton John - Saturday, Dec. 3, 7:30 p.m. Philadelphia Freedom is the ULTIMATE and most REALISTIC Elton John tribute currently touring. Doug Delescavage is Elton John as he was in his 20's, full of joy and unlimited energy, commanding his top notch band through all the hits of Elton's career. Special discounted $10 tickets for all through sponsorship by First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. and The Foundation of Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce.
- Ariel Quartet - Friday, Feb. 3, 2023, 7:30 p.m. Distinguished by its virtuosity, probing musical insight, and impassioned, fiery performances, the Ariel Quartet has garnered critical praise worldwide for more than twenty years. Formed when the members were just teenagers studying at the Jerusalem Academy Middle School of Music and Dance in Israel, the Ariel Quartet received the prestigious Cleveland Quartet Award.
- Ajijaak on Turtle Island - Saturday, March 25, 2023, 7:30 p.m. A reflection on life's energy and how it connects all aspects of our world, Ajijaak on Turtle Island brings communities together through puppetry, music, traditional dances, animations, and kites. Ajijaak's story puts forward visions from Indigenous communities, celebrating the symbiotic relationship between cranes and Native American/Indigenous peoples, and inspiring the next generation of storytellers, changemakers, and eco-champions.
- Colin Mochrie Presents HYPROV: Improv Under Hypnosis - Friday, April 14, 2023, 7:30 p.m. Hypnosis and Improv - two art forms that have mystified and entertained fans, skeptics and everyone in between for decades worldwide - come together as two masters of their crafts, Colin Mochrie and Asad Mecci, unite for a totally unique comedy experience.