Commonwealth University-Bloomsburg Nursing Students Present at National Conference
Bloomsburg, PA (05/09/2023) — Nursing students from Commonwealth University-Bloomsburg attended the 71st annual National Student Nurses Association annual conference in Nashville, Tennessee in April.
The conference brought together nursing students from across the country to network, learn from leaders in nursing, and prepare for their future. Drs. Rebecca Toothaker and Pamela Cook attended the conference with the students.
The students who presented at the conference were:
- Kaylee Oman on "Promoting Nursing Learning Community for Freshman Nursing Students."
- Sommer Bowersox on "Promoting the ABCDEF Bundle to Decrease Delirium for Critical Patients."
- Emily Peet on "An Examination of One Novice Nurse's Knowledge of Orthopedic Pain."
- Areona McFarlin on "Music Therapy to Improve Mood and Behavior in Older Adults with Dementia."
- Taylor Styer on "Biofeedback as an Alternative Therapy for Parkinson's Disease."
- Amanda Johnson on "The Impact of Nutrition on Coronary Artery Disease."
- Elizabeth Stevenson on "Strategies to Improve Nurse Burnout and Turnover."
- Lilliana Feliciano on "The Examination of Stress and Anxiety in One Undergraduate Nursing Student Prior to Their First Clinical Experience."
Additionally, Amanda Johnson and Emily Peet were awarded academic scholarships at the conference.